Ranolazine Extended Release tab 500mg Tablet - Manufacturers & Suppliers - Third Party Contract Manufacturing - PCD Pharma Franchise
Z-Rano 500 consists of Ranolazine 500 mg. Ranolazine is a well-tolerated piperazine derivative used for the management of chronic angina, offering relief from uncomfortable and debilitating symptoms.
• Ranolazine is indicated for the treatment of chronic angina
Mechanism of action
• The mechanism of action for ranolazine is not fully understood. At therapeutic concentrations, it can inhibit the cardiac late sodium 205 current (INa), which may affect the electrolyte balance in the myocardium, relieving angina symptoms.
As prescribed by the physician.
The time to reach peak serum concentration is quite variable but has been observed to be in the range of 2-6 hours, with steady-state within 3 days.
The mean apparent volume of distribution of ranolazine is reported to be 53.2 L.
From the administered dose, about 3/4 of the dose is excreted renally, while 1/4 of the dose is excreted in the feces.
• Avoid grapefruit products
• Take with or without food. The absorption is unaffected by food
• Ranolazine is contraindicated in patients with hepatic cirrhosis