Cilnidipine Tablets - The medication belongs to a group of medicines known as calcium channel blockers. It is primarily used in the treatment of Hypertension, Angina, Heart attack and Stroke. Hypertension in simpler words high blood pressure is a chronic medical condition that takes place when the force applied by the blood against the artery walls becomes high. Cilnidipine Tablets should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor to rule out any possible side effects of the medicine. The dosage and duration of this medication will vary on your age factor and how severe your medical condition is.
Working Mechanism of Cilnidipine Tablets
The medication consists of Cilnidipine, which acts as a calcium channel blocker. The work of this calcium channel blocker is lower the blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels. This process helps in making the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body. Thus, improving the flow of the blood and lowering the patient's blood pressure. Therefore, helping in treating medical conditions such as Hypertension, Angina, Heart attack and Stroke.
Uses of Cilnidipine 10mg Tablets
- The medication is used for the treatment of Hypertension.
- It also helps in preventing Angina (chest pain).
- The tablets also help in reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Side Effects of Cilnidipine 10mg Medicine
The consumption of this medication may sometime lead to some unpleasant after effects. The side effects of Cilnidipine Tablets are rare to appear and usually resolve on their own once, your body adapts to the medicine. However, consult with your doctor immediately, if the side effects start to bother you much or persist for long.
Some of the common side effects of Cilnidipine 10mg Tablets may include:
- Gingival hyperplasia
- Peripheral edema
Important Points to Remember
Some of the precautions and warnings to keep in mind before using Cilnidipine 10mg Tablets are:
- Take the medication at the same time every day for as long as it is advised for better results.
- A sudden drop in blood pressure may occur when you initially start taking the medicine. Rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying, to lower the chances of feeling dizzy.
- The swelling of the foot and ankle may also occur in the initial days. Talk with the doctor if it doesn't go away even after some time.
- Inform the doctor, beforehand taking the medicine, if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning on conceiving.
- The intake of the medicine may cause dizziness, hence do not perform any activity that requires mental focus until you get used to the dosage of the medication.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Is Cilnidipine 10mg Tablets good for patients with high blood pressure with kidney impairment?
Yes, the medication is entirely safe to consume in such conditions as it is shown to have a protective effect on the kidney cells, hence preventing them from damage.
Q. Should I take Cilnidipine Tablets in the morning or at night?
The medication can be taken at any time of the day, just follow the instructions of your doctor and consume the medication as prescribed.