IVABRADINE TABLETS 5 mg Tablet
IVABRADINE TABLETS 5 mg Tablet - Manufacturers & Suppliers - Third Party Contract Manufacturing - PCD Pharma Franchise
Composition : IVA CARDIA 5
Packing : 10x10
Price : Rs. 1890
IVA CARDIA 5 (IVABRADINE TABLETS 5 mg Tablet)
Ivabradine is a novel heart rate lowering medicine for the symptomatic management of stable angina pectoralis and symptomatic chronic heart failure.
Ivabradine is used to treat certain adults with heart failure (condition in which the heart is unable to pump enough blood to the other parts of the body) to decrease the risk that their condition will worsen and need to be treated in a hospital.
Mechanism of action
Ivabradine lowers heart rate by selectively inhibiting If channels ("funny channels") in the heart in a concentration-dependent manner without affecting any other cardiac ionic channels (including calcium or potassium). Ivabradine binds by entering and attaching to a site on the channel pore from the intracellular side and disrupts If ion current flow, which prolongs diastolic depolarization, lowering heart rate.
As prescribed by the physician.
Ivabradine's oral bioavailability is about 40%.
The volume of distribution of Ivabradine is ~100 L.
Metabolites are equally excreted in feces and urine.
• Check with your doctor right away if you have fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat, dizziness, fainting, or trouble breathing while using this medicine.
• This medicine may cause temporary visual brightness, usually caused by sudden changes in light (luminous phenomena or phosphenes)
• Decompensated heart failure.
• Blood pressure less than 90/50.
• Conduction abnormalities, e.g., sick sinus syndrome, sinoatrial block, or third-degree AV block, unless a pacemaker determines the heart rate.
• Severe liver impairment.