Amlodipine 5 mg
BRAND NAME:- MOLD-5 Tablet (Amlodipine 5 mg)
Amlodipine is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) or chest pain (angina) and other conditions caused by coronary artery disease. This medication is for use in adults and children who are at least 6 years old.
- Absorption: – Amlodipine is well absorbed by the oral route with a mean oral bioavailability around 60%.
- Metabolism: – It is metabolized in the liver to inactive metabolites via CYP3A4.
- Half-Life: – The half-life of amlodipine is about 30-50 hours, and steady-state plasma concentrations are achieved after 7 to 8 days of daily dosing.
- Excretion: – Renal elimination is the major route of excretion with about 60% of an administered dose recovered in urine, largely as inactive pyridine metabolites. However, renal impairment does not significantly influence amlodipine elimination.
- Treating high blood pressure in certain patients. It may be used alone or with other medicines.
2. Amlodipine works by helping your blood vessels relax, which lowers blood pressure.