Teneliglip n Me ormin 20mg 500mg Tablet
Teneliglip n Me ormin 20mg 500mg Tablet - Manufacturers & Suppliers - Third Party Contract Manufacturing - PCD Pharma Franchise
Composition : TENETIN-M
Packing : 10x10
Price : Rs. 1096
TENETIN-M (Teneliglip n Me ormin 20mg 500mg Tablet)
Tenetin forte tablets contain Teneligliptin 20 mg + Metformin 500 SR . Teneligliptin is a medicine given to control raised blood sugar levels in patients with Type 2 diabetes. It belongs to a class of anti-diabetic medicines called ‘DPP-4 inhibitors’ or ‘Gliptins.
It is also an oral antidiabetic drug which belongs to biguanide class which is the first line treatment for type 2 diabetes mellitus. It causes suppression of glucose production by liver.
• Type 2 Diabetes
• Mainly post prandial blood glucose
• Macrovascular complications
Dosage : As directed by physician
Mechanism of Action
Teneligliptin inhibits human plasma DPP-4 activity and recombinant human DPP-4 activity in a concentration-dependent manner with half-maximal inhibitory concentrations (IC50) of 1.75 (95% CI, 1.62–1.89) nmol/L and 0.889 (95% CI, 0.812–0.973) nmol/L
Oral administration of teneligliptin (0.1, 0.3, or 1.0 mg/kg) in rats showed rapid absorption
Peak plasma concentration take max. time to reached in 0.75–0.88 h
About 34.4% of teneligliptin is excreted unchanged via the kidney and the remaining 65.6% teneligliptin is metabolized and eliminated via renal and hepatic excretion; 216 hours after the administration of 14C-labeled teneligliptin (20 mg), the cumulative excretion percentages of radioactive teneligliptin in urine and feces.
In fasting condition of the patients, the drug bioavailability is about 50% to 60%. Food decreases the absorption of drug.
The volume of distribution is 654±358 L. It rarely bonds to plasma protein. It does not follow hepatic metabolism.
It is excreted in unchanged form in urine.
• Allergy to Teneligliptin or any other ingredients of the medicine
• Severe diabetic ketoacidosis
• Type 1 diabetes
• Serious infections, severe trauma or significant surgeries (in these situations, sugar control has to be done by insulin alone)
• During Pregnancy
• liver disease
• Heart disesase
• Severe surgery