Metformin HCl & Voglibose Tablets - The medication belongs to the class of anti-diabetic drugs and is primarily used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetes mellitus is a metabolism disease which is responsible for causing high blood sugar levels. The medical condition takes place when the insulin is resistant to breaking glucose to produce energy levels or if the pancreas is not able to produce enough insulin. The dosage and duration of Metformin HCl & Voglibose Tablets will depend on the patient's age and how severe their medical condition is.
Working Mechanism of Metformin HCl & Voglibose Tablets
The medication is an amalgamation of two antidiabetic medicines named Metformin and Voglibose. Metformin helps in reducing the production and absorption of sugar in an individual's body and permits the better use of already present insulin. Voglibose on the other hand inhibits the intestinal enzymes that further help in breaking down the complex into simpler forms such as glucose. This results in preventing the blood glucose from rising high after meals. Hence treating type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Side Effects of Metformin HCl & Voglibose Medicine
The consumption of this medication might lead to some unpleasant after-effects just like any other medication. The side effects of this medicine are very rare to appear and usually sort out on their own after some time. However, do not tolerate the effects if they start to act up badly or stay for too long. Seek medical advice as soon as you can.
Some of the common side effects of Metformin HCl & Voglibose Tablets may include:
- Abdominal pain
- Decreased appetite
Important Points to Remember
Some of the important precautions and warnings to keep in mind while using Metformin HCl & Voglibose Tablets are:
- The medicine should be consumed with food to lower the chances of getting an upset stomach.
- The intake of the medicine may also cause low blood sugar levels also known as hypoglycemia if taken with other antidiabetic medicines or alcohol.
- Ask your pharmacist to monitor your sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
- Inform your doctor immediately, if you experience rapid or deep breathing, persistent vomiting, nausea, or abdominal pain.
- Try not to delay or miss any meal while taking this medicine, as it may also cause hypoglycemia.
These were some of the important points to consider about Metformin HCl & Voglibose Tablets. Apart from these, the medicine is proven highly effective for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus and is recommended by many doctors.