Telmisartan 40mg + Amlodipine 5mg
Brand Name: – Z-TEL-A TABLET (TELMISARTAN 40MG + AMLODIPINE 5MG)
Composition: – Each tablet contains 40mg Telmisartan and 5mg Amlodipine
Packing: – 10*10
1. Pharmacodynamics: –
It is a competitive antagonist of angiotensin-2 at AT-1 receptor. It decreases peripheral resistance and lowers BP in hypertensive individuals. It blocks all overt actions of angiotensin-2 such as: – 1. Vasoconstriction, 2. Central & Peripheral sympathetic stimulus, 3. Release of aldosterone and adrenaline, 4. Salt and water reabsorption, 5. Central actions like thirst, vasopressin release, and growth promoting actions on heart and blood vessels.
Amlodipine is a second generation dihydropyridine Ca channel blocker. It exerts it`s antihypertensive, antianginal actions through blocking the influx of Ca ions through voltage gated L-type Ca channels to the peripheral vascular smooth muscle cells, Coronary smooth muscle cells and to the myocardial cells. Thus causes dilatation of vascular endothelium, decrease peripheral resistance, & reduce myocardial oxygen demand .It markedly relax arterioles and milder effects on veins. They do not compromise haemodynamics and cerebral and renal perfusion.
· Absorption: Absorbed orally, bioavailability is about 42%
· Distribution: It is distributed in to the body in a highly protein bound form.
· Metabolism: Metabolized by glucuronide conjugation in to an inactive metabolite.
· Excretion: Excreted mainly through faeces and rest is excreted through urine.
· Absorption: Well absorbed orally.
· Distribution: Widely distributed in a protein bound form.
· Metabolism: Metabolized in liver, but there is no active metabolite
· ACE inhibitors, Thiazide diuretics: Potentiates effect of these drugs.
· Beta Blockers: Best avoided, especially by those with impaired LV function due to depressant effect on myocardial contractibility or AV conduction.
· Fentanyl: Severe hypotension or increased fluid volume requirements.